Since real-time chat via voice and video call has become a staple for many businesses globally, we’ve seen an increase in organizations looking to integrate chat features into their applications, and Agora is one of the go-to real-time communication SDK providers for many. But the truth is there are lots of excellent Algora SDK alternatives many folks don’t have ideas about.
Here, we will look at some of the top Agora competitors in 2023 trusted by experts for implementing chat features into ready-made apps. Let’s dive right in without wasting much of your time.
Agora is undoubtedly a popular choice for real-time communication solutions. However, there are other excellent options available in the market that can meet your specific needs and requirements. In this article, we will introduce you to some top-notch alternatives to Agora that offer similar or even enhanced features. Whether you need video calling, voice chat, live streaming, or any other real-time communication capability, these alternatives are worth considering. Let’s explore the options and find the perfect fit for your project.
- Signal Wire
- Zoom Video SDK
Trusted by thousands of businesses in over 100 countries, ZEGOCLOUD is a reliable platform that enables you to easily implement real-time audio and video communication into your app by integrating modern SDK.
This platform boasts over 20 pre-built UIKits to create engaging apps. And the availability of ready-made UI components enables you to build a feature-rich communication experience without necessarily requiring technical knowledge.
Overall, ZEGOCLOUD allows you to easily add various features like voice calls, video call, live streaming, in-app chat, and lots more to your application without having to build from scratch. All it takes is a few lines of code and your app will go live in minutes.
- Supports more than 20 pre-built UIKits that enable the quick and easy creation of engaging apps.
- Create custom UI/UX with smooth real-time experience using customizable SDKs
- Easily build entertaining virtual classrooms for any project with any size of participants.
- Boasts ultra-low latency with high network resilience. Plus, it’s compatible with more than 15,000 device models, including Android and iOS.
MirrorFly is one of the most popular messaging SDKs and chat APIs that offer businesses customizable in-app messaging solutions for their web and mobile apps. It offers all necessary tools, including front-end UI, client SDK, and a backend system for easy communication among users. It does not matter whether they’re engaging in a 1-on-1 or group conversation.
Also, just like to ZEGOCLOUD, MirrorFly allows you to add in-all functionalities that can run on various mobile device models, including Android and iPhone to your application without any harm. And it has an excellent security system built with end-to-end encryption, ensuring users enjoy top-notch protection.
- Offers excellent customizable solutions.
- Integrate audio and video calls into your applications within a few clicks.
- It is easy to integrate. You only require a few lines of code.
- Streamline communication with productive networking features.
If you’re looking for an instant app messaging solution, Apphitect is the ideal platform for you. It’s one of the best Agora alternatives that provides brands globally communication solutions to build their chat app.
Apphitect offers more than 150 customizable chat features to enable you to build the ideal UI/IX that fits any Android or iOS device. Besides, their APIs and SDKs are highly scalable, enabling you to scale up to more than a billion global user engagements on your app without experiencing any lag or downtime.
Also, Apphitecit supports white-label solutions, which allow you to build your app with your company’s logo and other custom features.
- Excellent security system.
- Offers excellent communication with up to six different chat features, including group chat, one-on-one chat, push notification, cross-platform messaging, etc.
- Supports 150+ robust chat functions.
- Great white-label solution.
Another Agora competitor that you might never know was worth trying is VideoSDK.Live. Compared to many regular video audio SDKs, VideoSDK.Live is proven to be a complete communication solution for many businesses as it offers a flexible way to integrate video-audio chats and live streaming to their web and mobile apps. From going live via 1-on-1 chat to engaging in group chat with millions of participants, sharing screens, and lots more.
Moreover, you don’t need to spend hours when you have VideoSDK.Live at your fingertips. You just need a few clicks and your app will be ready to go live.
- Support cold storage like Amazon Web Service (AWS), Google Cloud, etc.
- Allows you to easily initiate one-on-one chats and group chats easily.
- Offers built-in analytics to debug.
- Supports efficient collaboration tools.
EnableX is another Agora alternative that can come in handy to build powerful apps. Although it does not offer many features like ZEGOCLOUD, MirrorFly, and Apphitect, it’ll provide you with video API, voice API, and SMS API to enhance your app’s communication system.
Also, it gives you full control over the design of your UI, and it offers helpful analytic and management tools, which allow you to keep track of every conversation and identify errors in your app efficiently.
EnableX can come in handy for businesses in various industries, including fintech, HRTech, customer service, etc.
- Excellent video, SMS, and voice API for the creation of quality apps.
- Efficient analytic and management tools.
- Comprehensive developer resource to help you kick-start your journey.
- Enables you to build a smarter communication system powered with AI.
If you search for Video and Chat SDK platforms regularly, chances are you’ve come across Twilio. This Agora SDK alternative is packed with powerful features that help you build confident customer engagement solutions within a few clicks. It does not matter whether you’re a developer, marketer, or more.
With Twilio, you can create customer engagement solutions for commerce communications, SMS marketing, customer data platform, and lots more. Besides, it is very easy to use and affordable. Though, some users complain about frequent delays in SMS deliveries and inaccurate analytic data in marketing.
- It’s a great solution for businesses, including startups and big organizations.
- Offers extensive technical data reports for marketing.
- It can be integrated with more than 1000 types of apps.
- Supports personalized text messaging.
Signal Wire allows you to build a reliable communication solution using message, voice, and video API powered by cloud infrastructure. This platform allows you to build smooth cross-channel communication apps for various purposes, including group chats, one-on-one chats, video conferencing, etc.
Also, it has a unique feature known as a lobby room, which any guest can assess before an administrator assigns them to another room. And it boasts high-level security, ensuring top-notch privacy and security for users.
- Superb customization rooms.
- Enables streaming to RTP servers such as YouTube and Facebook.
- Supports white-labeling solution.
- Offers browser-based communication solution.
We all know Zoom to be a go-to video confronting app. But fortunately, the software company also offers video SDK that allows businesses to enhance their development process and build seamless video-based applications. From engaging in real-time video and audio calling to performing video and audio live streaming, this platform provides you with real-time engagement features on the go. And what’s more interesting is that they offer you 10,000 minutes per month at no charge for you to explore the available features before opting for a plan that suits your development requirements.
- Customizable HD audio and video compositions that allow up to 1,000 participants per session.
- Offers cloud-based architecture created specifically for video.
- Free 10,000 minutes per month.
- Easy integration within a few minutes.
If you’re looking to enhance the connections that matter to your business, Vonage is the go-to platform for you. They offer communication APIs and unified communications, allowing you to not all reach and engage customers, but also unify business communications to improve cooperation.
Whether you’re looking to deliver high-quality voice experience, connect people via customizable live video, send and receive text messages, or more, this platform got you covered with the necessary APIs to achieve your objective without any hassle. And its compatible with different platforms, including desktops and mobile phones.
- Allows you to use a unique business identity across different devices using a reliable business communication suite.
- Offers different communication APIs, including video, voice, SMS, and verify API.
- Unlimited calling and texts.
- Supports call hold and music hold.
If you need a free and open-source video confronting project, Jitsi got you covered. This is one of the best alternatives to Agora that allows you to build and develop video conferencing solutions in your app easily. It offers two solutions, including Jitsi Meet and Jitsi Videobridge.
Both solutions support excellent features such as text chatting, screen sharing, push-to-talk, and lots more that allow you to build a scalable video conferencing solution for your application.
- Supports HD audio for clear sound.
- It’s developer friendly, allowing you to modify and customize your app to your taste.
- Offers web-only text chatting.
- Offers end-to-end encryption that allows you to review how the platform works and modify the code to suit your requirements.
Ultimately, the above guide has covered the best Agora video alternatives that are worth trying in 2023. These Agora alternatives are trusted by many experts for creating customizable communication solutions for their applications. So, all you need to do is to choose the one that’s best for your needs. Though, we highly recommend ZEGOCLOUD as it’s highly scalable and offers more helpful features.