One of our topmost priorities is taking care of our well-being. Apart from eating and sleeping well, working out is a part of our fitness regime. That’s because our health is physical and a multi-dimensional approach.
Attaining a balance between physical and emotional health can help us stay fit. Therefore, exercising and meditation can significantly affect our overall health.
This post will review some of the best fitness and workout apps for Android users.
So, are you ready to sweat and burn calories while having fun along the way? Whether you are a newbie or a seasoned fitness enthusiast, here are the top fitness and workout apps for Android users.
We will kick off our list with Fitbod. Launched in 2015, Fitbod ranks among the most downloaded Android apps for health and fitness. It has 1 million downloads and an average rating of 4.7. This app benefits people who want to build muscles at home without any fitness equipment. This top-rated fitness app is more like your personal fitness trainer. It is free to download but comes with in-app payments.
Users can create custom workout plans according to their preferences, goals, and available equipment. Since the app optimizes each workout, it provides practical and challenging fitness routines. From HIIT to strength training, you can get everything with this app.
· Focuses on muscle building.
· Extensive workout routines with detailed videos and instructions.
· Integration with wearables for tracking your performance.
· Rest timer and suggested weights for optimal recovery and gains.
· Easy-to-use interface.
· Offers customized workouts with various training styles.
2. My Fitness Pal
Next on our list, My Fitness Pal is among the most popular Android apps for health and fitness that helps users monitor their physical activity and track their daily caloric intake. With its helpful features, it makes food logging easier for everyone.
My Fitness Pal is the ultimate nutrition and fitness app for most fitness enthusiasts. It is a beneficial app for people of all ages. It can log your meals, monitor your macronutrient intake, and log your meals. The app provides all the necessary features to stick to your fitness routine. The most prominent part of this app is its extensive food database. Other helpful features include a barcode scanner and a recipe builder.
· Barcode scanner for logging packaged foods quickly.
· It can connect with fitness wearables to track your workouts seamlessly.
· Customized and personalized goal setting according to every user’s fitness profile.
· Excellent tracking capabilities for monitoring your daily calorie intake and monitoring macros.
3. Nike Training Club
Enjoy the world-class Nike training experience on your Android device. Nike Training Club provides an inclusive variety of workouts led by professional trainers. This app gives access to targeted workouts and effective bodyweight exercises.
You must unlock its premium content to embark on a more enhanced fitness journey. The app has a 4.3-star rating on Google Play with 10M+ downloads.
· Adaptive training plans customized to every user’s fitness goals and levels.
· Free access to various training and workout plans.
· Step-by-step instructions with every guided workout video.
· Users can challenge their friends or share their achievements for added motivation.
4. Google Fit
We can compile this list without including this one. Since it is Google’s fitness app, it seamlessly integrates with Android devices. Users love this app because it can monitor their heart rate and count their steps. The app also records your workouts. Google Fit has thousands of reviews on Google Play, and 100M+ downloads with a 4-star rating.
· Tracks your daily steps and calories burned.
· The app is entirely free and has no in-app purchases or ads.
· Integration with popular fitness wearables and apps.
· Allows users to receive recommendations and set personalized goals.
· Guided breathing exercises for stress relief.
5. Gym Workout Plan & Log Tracker
This popular app from JeFit Inc. is a practical workout planner and tracker. The best part about this app is that it caters to fitness buffs of all levels. Users can connect with a community of like-minded fitness buddies for added motivation. The app has 5M+ downloads and a 4-star rating.
· The Android app has a database of 1,400+ exercises.
· In-depth workout analytics allow users to analyze their performance.
· Free access to basic features
· A premium version for advanced workout plans.
· Optimized workout sessions with interval and rest timers.
6. Adidas Running – Run Tracker
What can be a better-running companion than Adidas Running–Run Tracker? The fabulous fitness app lets you set goals, track your runs, and receive audio feedback. Whether you are an experienced runner or a newbie, the app will offer appropriate training plans and challenges. With 50M+ downloads and millions of reviews, the app has an impressive 4.5-star rating on Google Play.
· GPS tracking for calculating distance and mapping your running routes.
· Users can get a personalized running playlist by integrating with music streaming apps.
· The app keeps track of calories burned.
· Different training plans for various running goals, such as marathon, 10K, and 5K.
7. 7 Minute Workout
The ‘7-minute workout’ is the go-to app for fitness buffs who are always on the go. If you don’t have time to spend hours in the gym, this app lets you add a short workout to your busy routine.
Seven provides efficient and scientifically proven workouts which you can complete in less than ten minutes. The workouts engage all major muscle groups, so you get a full-body workout. That makes this Android app among the Android apps for health and fitness. The app has a 4.6-star rating on Google Play and 5M+ downloads.
· Customized workouts according to the user’s fitness goals and levels.
· Video demonstrations.
· Beginner-friendly exercises.
· Integration with Google Fit for seamless tracking.
· Personalized virtual coaches for motivation and guidance.
8. Fitify: Fitness, Home Workout
Fitify is a versatile fitness app that offers various workout plans and routines. It gives access to different exercise regimes, from foam rolling to stretching and cardio training. The app has 10M+ downloads and thousands of reviews.
· Customizable training plans for targeting different fitness goals and specific muscle groups.
· More than 850 workouts and exercises for all fitness levels.
· Track your achievements and progress with detailed graphs and statistics.
· Audio instructions and video demonstrations for maintaining proper technique and form.
9. Strava: Run, Bike, Hike
If you love to work outdoors, there is no better app than Strava. The app records everything, whether you love hiking, cycling, or running. With its vital social networking, sharing your workouts and races with friends is quick and easy. You can post photos and build communities to fuel your fitness journey. With 50M+ downloads, the app is among the most popular Android apps for fitness enthusiasts.
· Evaluate detailed performance metrics, including distance, pace, and elevation.
· Explores popular segments and discovers new routes.
· Provides free access to basic features.
· Offers a premium subscription for advanced training tools.
10. Glo – Yoga and Meditation
No fitness regime is complete with yoga. And there is no better app for adding some Zen to your life than Glo Yoga and Meditation. This app differs from others because it pairs music with yoga to enhance the effect of different postures.
Users get a series of original tracks with every workout, focusing on yoga’s rhythmic side. The app offers different classes for introducing Pilates, meditation, and yoga newbies.
Once you master the basics, there are plenty of materials on Glo that you can use to take your fitness journey to the next level. The app has 50K+ downloads and hundreds of reviews from satisfied users.
· The best yoga app for beginners.
· Soothing and calming music accompanies all workout routines.
· Allows users to ‘follow’ their favorite teacher and stay updated on their new content
· 90+ programs for advanced, intermediate, and beginner practices.
11. Home Workout – No Equipment
If you can’t make it to the gym, there is no need to worry. This fantastic app provides the best workouts you can efficiently perform at home without any fitness equipment. Home Workout will guide you through different exercises with detailed video demonstrations. Users get workouts that engage the entire body or target specific muscle groups. With 2.84M reviews and 100M+ downloads, the app is top-rated.
· HD video demonstrations and detailed instructions for proper form.
· Pre-designed workout plans.
· Automatically records training progress.
· Customizable workout reminders
· Detailed animation and video guides
· Free access to an extensive library of home workouts.
With the plethora of Android apps available, maintaining a healthy lifestyle and achieving fitness goals is now possible. Whether you enjoy working at home, in the gym, or outdoors, the apps we reviewed in this post have something for everyone. These apps provide the right features for tracking progress and providing expert guidance.
Unleash your fitness potential and embark on a wellness journey by downloading your favorite app from this list. However, developing your unique fitness app is incredibly profitable if you are a certified fitness coach or an entrepreneur who wants to make it big in the fitness industry.
Collaborating with expert and seasoned Android app developers is crucial to develop the best fitness app. Intelvue is a leading software development company in California, USA. Our seasoned Android app developers will evaluate the best features for your app. Contact us today to receive a quote.