When browsing online, you have come across some wonderfully created 3D designs. And you often wonder how they made such a stunning detailed 3D design; here is the secret. There are many ways to personalize an image, from ink jet marking to electrochemical marking, though these two methods won’t give you a high-quality shot. So then, what is the trick? Simple, it’s the use of a laser engraver 3D printer; it offers accuracy, precision, and speed. Laser engraving is the most popular laser marking technology in product identification and traceability. If you want one of a kind personalized gift or anything, then laser engraving is the better way to go.
But first, what is 3D laser engraving? It is the process that vaporizes material’s surface into fumes to engrave permanent and deep marks. The laser beam performs like a chisel; it incises marks by removing layers from the material’s surface. Next, the laser hits the precise point in the image with a massive energy level on each three-dimensional coordinate which finally creates a stunning 3D image once completed. Additionally, the ultra-powerful laser makes a tinny fracture inside the crystal once the beam reaches the focal point. The laser then moves onto the next plotted coordinate and causes another fracture. The machine will repeat this process until the final design is complete.
Before starting that process, first, design the 3D model. The process begins with design software to convert the image into a format the 3D laser engraver can understand for processing.
You can choose to laser mark or laser etch. But to determine the right laser marking process, you must rely on three main factors. And these factors are;
- The laser marking speed refers to the marking time that further prevents production bottleneck.
- The marking’s resistance is the ability to remain strong under harsh conditions.
- And finally, the material being marked should be compatible with the marking method.
So, what brings the difference between 2D and 3D laser engravers? First, the designs are defined by their measurements. Therefore, in 2D laser engraving, the design is defined by length and width, with each fracture made at the same depth. On the other hand, 3D laser engraving is defined by its length, width, and height, creating a three-dimensional design.
Why do most people choose Snapmaker’s 3D laser over 2D laser engraving? There are mainly three reasons why this happens. They are as follows;
- 3D laser engraving offers maximum flexibility since it can engrave on non-flat surfaces like cylindrical shapes, circles, triangles, etc. The flexibility broadens your design scope and creativity hence maximizing production.
- The technology in creating 3D laser engraved items provides maximized accuracy and stunning and visually amazing personalized items. Therefore, a 3D laser engraver brings a better personalization of items.
- 3D laser engraver offers a supremely high level of printout quality compared with other engraving methods.
Having the insight on what a 3D laser engraver is, the difference between the 2D and 3D laser engraver. Finally, the benefits that the 3D laser engraver offers will not only help you make the right purchase decision but will most probably awaken the need to own one of the best-making machines offered by Snapmaker. Therefore, visit our website today and get a chance to own this machine. Or you can click: https://us.snapmaker.com/ now and make your order.